The IRS has a Large Dollar Unit that specifically handles these cases. For Large Dollar Cases, the IRS will send out specially trained Revenue Officers in the local field branches. There’s also a Large Dollar Case Unit within the ACS unit for cases still in the collection computer system.
The IRS gets into significant detail while investigating a taxpayer’s ability to pay. Because of this, it’s absolutely necessary to have professional representation. The IRS is more aggressive in handling these particular cases. The agent will be looking for a cover up, deceit, or fraud because the dollar amount is so high.Spectrum Tax Relief specializes in large dollar IRS cases and have represented many in the past.
The basics for Large Dollar IRS Cases:
The IRS will start with a courthouse search for real property and a DMV search. The IRS will also pull credit reports from all three credit agencies.
The credit report contains a wealth of information such as average monthly charges, purchases you are making, assets you’ve purchased, and much more. The IRS can also find out who has made inquiries and whether you have turned in a financial statement to that source.
The IRS can summon the company for that financial statement and compare it against the financial statement you gave the IRS. The IRS has their own internal locator and can use this locator to review income records from over the last six years of all 1099’s, W-2s, tax returns, or any third party reporting of income that has been given to the IRS.
A new source that is being used by the IRS is FBAR information that reports overseas bank and financial records. IRS can also inquire of a bank CTR of any cash activity over $10,000 or more.
Then a search engine called Accurint or Lexis Nexis is used to search over 37 billion current public records in order to detect fraud and verify identities and also help the IRS investigation. This search engine is one of the go to tools of the IRS.
The IRS will also look to other external sources. The public search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media can let the IRS agent know about your life habits.
During their investigation, the IRS can also use information from Passports, conduct 3rd party interviews, vessel and license checks at the courthouse all at the click of a button. They will check for Patents, Trademarks, Franchises, Licenses, Domain Name of a website or even summon your homeowners policy to find out about your personal assets.
Modern technology has allowed the IRS and any government agency to access a plethora of information about you. The IRS spends a lot more time looking at these high dollar cases and at Spectrum Tax Relief we know exactly what their questions will be. We work with you to remove the problem areas before the IRS gets to the case. Let our many years of experience work for you.
Who We Are
Spectrum Tax Relief is a premier company of tax attorneys, CPA's and enrolled agents with over 30 years of combined experience in the accounting, debt and tax industries. We are licensed professionals who specialize in taxation and represent taxpayers and their various tax relief needs.GET TAX HELP NOW
” I am an owner operator truck driver and didn’t really know how to file, I got audited and needed a professional team to help overcome a big tax debt. Spectrum tax relief helped me get back on the right track.”
Zach R. | Truck Driver
” By far the best service I have ever received during this stressful process. They truly understood ever aspect of communicating and representing me with my tax debt. I couldn’t be any happier.”
Adam B. | Construction Contractor
At Spectrum Tax Relief we offer a full spectrum of tax solutions. From review and analysis of prior year returns to the release of garnishments, liens, and potential levies. All of our tax professionals hold at least one of the following licenses; Attorney, CPA, E.A.. We are committed to providing our clients with unparalleled levels of support and service by making COMMUNICATION the cornerstone of our client experience.GET TAX HELP NOW
What We Do
Tax issues are stressful, to say the least. At Spectrum Tax Relief, we work with the IRS every day, representing clients who need some form of tax conflict resolutions. When you hire us to help you, we strive to alleviate your stress with IRS dealings, make you feel supported and provide you with renewed hope for the future.GET TAX HELP NOW
” I own my landscaping company and didnt realize all the steps to being compliant with the IRS. Spectrum tax relief stepped in and helped me to become in good standing and overcome this very complex ordeal.”
Ryan K. | Landscaper Owner
Get Tax Help Now (888) 407-3775
Are you behind on your taxes? Feeling alone or confused by IRS tax notices? WE CAN HELP. We get it. Thousands of Americans have found themselves in your situation: stressed, scared and intimidated by the most powerful collection agency in the U.S. With one phone call, we can guide you through the maze of IRS collection issues and overwhelming tax codes. Our qualified representatives will interview you to assess your needs and make recommendations based on your current status, so that you can feel strong and supported. With Spectrum Tax Relief, you’re no longer alone—we are by your side.
- Bank Levies
- Wage Garnishment
- IRS Assets Seizures
- Tax Lien
- High Dollar Revenue Officer
- Resolve Back Taxes
- IRS Audit Defense
- Reduce IRS Tax Debt
- Payroll Tax Problems
- Professional Services
- Sales & Use Tax Audit
- State Tax Problems
- Statute of Limitations
- Tax Debt Relief for Innocent Spouses
- Tax Preparation and Planning
- Payment Plans
* Licensed by the IRS to Practice in All 50 States. We serve taxpayers throughout the entire United States. Our Power of Attorney to represent taxpayers before the IRS is valid in all 50 states. We can also legally represent U.S. taxpayers living abroad. So no matter where you’re living, if you owe the IRS back taxes Spectrum Tax Relief is ready to help you resolve your tax debt.
* Estimates based on prior results; individual results will vary based on circumstances, including your ability to provide Optima Tax Relief with information that is accurate and timely. We do not guarantee that your tax debts will be lowered by a specific amount or percentage, that your tax debt will be paid off within a specific period of time or guarantee you will qualify for any IRS programs. Penalties and interest will continue to accrue until your tax liability is paid in full to the IRS. Spectrum Tax Relief is a tax resolution firm independent from the IRS. We do not assume tax debt, make monthly payments to creditors or provide tax, bankruptcy, accounting or legal advice. By providing your contact information, you expressly consent to receiving calls and/or SMS text messages at the number you provided as part of our service offerings, including but not limited to advertisements, solicitations, and service updates. The phone number belonging to the called/messaged person(s) could incur charges for such contact. Read and understand all program materials prior to enrollment.