A payment plan is when a taxpayer agrees to make regular monthly payments to the IRS until the balance is paid in full. This is also called an Installment Agreement.
The monthly payment is calculated by the IRS. They base it off of the taxpayer’s income, allowable monthly expenses, and the time remaining in their Statue of Limitations.
There are several Installment Agreement programs that the IRS makes available to taxpayers:
Streamlined Installment Agreement:
For taxpayers who have a tax debt under $25,000, a simple Streamlined Installment Agreement can be applied for with IRS Form 9465. Payments for this agreement will be calculated using a 72-month payment plan, or divided by the months left in the Statute of Limitations for the debt, if less than 6 years.
Fresh Start Streamlined Installment Agreement:
An extension of the Streamlined Installment Agreement, this program is for taxpayers who owe between $25,001 and $50,000. Limited financial information may be required due to the higher debt amount involved. Payments are calculated in the same manner as the Streamlined Installment agreement.
Partial Payment Installment Agreement:
Introduced in 2005 as a partial settlement/payment plan for taxpayers who owe more than they can pay before their Statute of Limitations expires.
Taxpayers will need to provide documented proof of their inability to pay, as well as a letter explaining their current financial situation. The IRS will determine, through a full disclosure of financial documents, the monthly payment amounts. Once the terms of the Partial Payment Agreement are fulfilled, the remainder of the tax debt is forgiven.
Tiered Installment Agreement:
For taxpayers who owe less than $25,000 and have temporary financial difficulty paying their tax debt, a Tiered Installment Agreement is suggested. With this program, the IRS will set low monthly payments for the first year of the agreement, with the payments increasing over time until the agreed pay-off amount is reached.
Allow our licensed professionals at Spectrum Tax Relief to analyze your tax situation and negotiate the best possible solution for you.
Who We Are
Spectrum Tax Relief is a premier company of tax attorneys, CPA's and enrolled agents with over 30 years of combined experience in the accounting, debt and tax industries. We are licensed professionals who specialize in taxation and represent taxpayers and their various tax relief needs.GET TAX HELP NOW
” I am an owner operator truck driver and didn’t really know how to file, I got audited and needed a professional team to help overcome a big tax debt. Spectrum tax relief helped me get back on the right track.”
Zach R. | Truck Driver
” By far the best service I have ever received during this stressful process. They truly understood ever aspect of communicating and representing me with my tax debt. I couldn’t be any happier.”
Adam B. | Construction Contractor
At Spectrum Tax Relief we offer a full spectrum of tax solutions. From review and analysis of prior year returns to the release of garnishments, liens, and potential levies. All of our tax professionals hold at least one of the following licenses; Attorney, CPA, E.A.. We are committed to providing our clients with unparalleled levels of support and service by making COMMUNICATION the cornerstone of our client experience.GET TAX HELP NOW
What We Do
Tax issues are stressful, to say the least. At Spectrum Tax Relief, we work with the IRS every day, representing clients who need some form of tax conflict resolutions. When you hire us to help you, we strive to alleviate your stress with IRS dealings, make you feel supported and provide you with renewed hope for the future.GET TAX HELP NOW
” I own my landscaping company and didnt realize all the steps to being compliant with the IRS. Spectrum tax relief stepped in and helped me to become in good standing and overcome this very complex ordeal.”
Ryan K. | Landscaper Owner
Get Tax Help Now (888) 407-3775
Are you behind on your taxes? Feeling alone or confused by IRS tax notices? WE CAN HELP. We get it. Thousands of Americans have found themselves in your situation: stressed, scared and intimidated by the most powerful collection agency in the U.S. With one phone call, we can guide you through the maze of IRS collection issues and overwhelming tax codes. Our qualified representatives will interview you to assess your needs and make recommendations based on your current status, so that you can feel strong and supported. With Spectrum Tax Relief, you’re no longer alone—we are by your side.
- Bank Levies
- Wage Garnishment
- IRS Assets Seizures
- Tax Lien
- High Dollar Revenue Officer
- Resolve Back Taxes
- IRS Audit Defense
- Reduce IRS Tax Debt
- Payroll Tax Problems
- Professional Services
- Sales & Use Tax Audit
- State Tax Problems
- Statute of Limitations
- Tax Debt Relief for Innocent Spouses
- Tax Preparation and Planning
- Payment Plans
* Licensed by the IRS to Practice in All 50 States. We serve taxpayers throughout the entire United States. Our Power of Attorney to represent taxpayers before the IRS is valid in all 50 states. We can also legally represent U.S. taxpayers living abroad. So no matter where you’re living, if you owe the IRS back taxes Spectrum Tax Relief is ready to help you resolve your tax debt.
* Estimates based on prior results; individual results will vary based on circumstances, including your ability to provide Optima Tax Relief with information that is accurate and timely. We do not guarantee that your tax debts will be lowered by a specific amount or percentage, that your tax debt will be paid off within a specific period of time or guarantee you will qualify for any IRS programs. Penalties and interest will continue to accrue until your tax liability is paid in full to the IRS. Spectrum Tax Relief is a tax resolution firm independent from the IRS. We do not assume tax debt, make monthly payments to creditors or provide tax, bankruptcy, accounting or legal advice. By providing your contact information, you expressly consent to receiving calls and/or SMS text messages at the number you provided as part of our service offerings, including but not limited to advertisements, solicitations, and service updates. The phone number belonging to the called/messaged person(s) could incur charges for such contact. Read and understand all program materials prior to enrollment.